More than 55% of Iran area are covered with mountains and the rest 45% are flat ,deserts,laks and numerous salt mines. Mountains of Iran are divided into four North, Zagros, Central and West (Eastern) districts. The north or Alborz mountain chain is a long and larg mountain rang in Iran ~950km. and~51500squre meter with around 3% of total area of Iranو that is laid from North West of Iran (start point Arbebil province) to North East(end point Easthern Iran mountain) in Khorasan province. The highest point of Iran is Damavand summit with 5671m.that is located in central Alborz mountain chain.the others hight summit in this chain is Almkouh (the second highest peak with 4850m),Siyalanwith 4175m.and many many peaks overn than 4000 m.in This mountain chain in Iran mountains.
The other manin mointain chain in Iarn is Zagross with 1400km. and ~100-300 km. wide and ~323000 squre m.with more that 20% of total area of Iran , is longest and largest Iran mountain range starts from Western Azarbayejan in west-North of Iran to after passing the Kordestn province,Hamedan province,Kermanshan,Ilam,Lorestan,Khozestan,Chatmahal –e-Bakhtiyari ,Kohkiloye and Boyar ahmad,Boushehr,Fars,Hormozgan continues to the north of the Strait of Hormuz that connect to Iarn central mountain and Makran high ,the highest point of This Iran mountain cahin is Dena peak with 4409m.,the others hiogh point of this range is Oshtran (4050m.)IN Lorestan province and Zardkouh (4225m.) in Charmahal province.

iran mountains
iran mountains
iran mountains
iran mountains
iran mountains
iran mountains
iran mountains
iran mountains
iran mountains